Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Up to 50 People Feared Dead in Twin Blasts in Kabul

A suicide bomber has blown himself up in the Afghan capital of Kabul, quickly followed by a car bomb nearby in what appears to be have been a coordinated operation.


Initial eyewitness estimates put the casualty estimates in the incidents on Tuesday as high as 50, independent reported.

At least 21 people had died and 45 more wounded were taken to hospital, public health ministry spokesperson Imail Kawasi said

The attacks occurred in an busy area home to government and legal offices, and were immediately claimed by the Taliban, who apparently targeted a minibus carrying Afghan intelligence agency staff.

A Taliban spokeperson said the insurgents had killed or wounded upwards of 70 people. The attack comes after a period of relative calm in Afghanistan's capital.


  • Earlier on Tuesday, Lashkar Gar in Southern Helmand province was also hit by a suicide bomber in an attack that killed seven people. 


The assailant had targeted a local intelligence officer, and both military personnel and civilians were among the dead, the local police chief said.

No one claimed responsibility for the attack, but Helmand is the centre of the fight against the Taliban insurgency.
  [farsnews.com]
10/1/17
-
Related:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Only News

Featured Post

“The U.S. must stop supporting terrorists who are destroying Syria and her people" : US Congresswoman, Tulsi Gabbard

US Congresswoman, Tulsi Gabbard, recently visited Syria, and even met with President Bashar Al-Assad. She also visited the recently libe...

/"); f.startScript(); Blog Widget by LinkWithin