Friday, September 17, 2021

“It was a mistake”: US military official confirms Kabul drone strike in August killed civilians

 

--

 Warning: This video may contain disturbing content not suitable for all viewers. Discretion advised.



U.S. Central Command head Gen. Kenneth F. McKenzie Jr. announced on Friday that after a thorough investigation of a U.S. drone strike on Aug. 29 in Kabul, Afghanistan, they have determined 10 civilians had been killed, including up to seven children. He added it was unlikely the vehicle and those who died were associated with ISIS-K.

“It was a mistake and I offer my sincere apologies,” McKenzie said during a Pentagon briefing. “The strike was a tragic mistake."

McKenzie went on to explain surveillance that had been done and it was his assessment leaders on the ground “had achieved reasonable certainty at the time of the strike to designate the vehicle as an imminent threat to U.S. forces at the airport.” He also said his assessment was the strike team was convinced at the time of the strike that the area was clear of civilians.

--

--

No comments :

Post a Comment

Only News

Δημοσιεύτηκε από Geo Kok στις Τρίτη, 9 Φεβρουαρίου 2021
Δημοσιεύτηκε από Geo Kok στις Παρασκευή, 5 Φεβρουαρίου 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6zSoc2ntM4

Δημοσιεύτηκε από Geo Kok στις Πέμπτη, 28 Ιανουαρίου 2021

Calculadora para la Cola de Vacunación en México

Featured Post

“The U.S. must stop supporting terrorists who are destroying Syria and her people" : US Congresswoman, Tulsi Gabbard

US Congresswoman, Tulsi Gabbard, recently visited Syria, and even met with President Bashar Al-Assad. She also visited the recently libe...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin