Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Turkey slams UAE’s foreign minister for accusations about "Operation"/invasion/looting Olive Branch

"Operation"/invasion/looting Olive Branch
The Turkish Foreign Ministry on March 20 criticized the United Arab Emirates Foreign Minister Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahyan for his remarks that Turkey’s military operation in Syria is “a threat to the Arab world.

Al-Nahyan’s remarks “are impossible to understand and do not show good intention” Turkish Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hami Aksoy said in a written statement.

The Turkish army’s ongoing “Operation Olive Branch” in the northwestern Afrin province was being conducted to eliminate terror threats against Turkey, he said.

Turkey’s support for “the preservation of Syria’s political unity and territorial integrity, efforts to ensure lasting peace and stability in this country” and “the responsibility taken for 3.5 million Syrian refugees” have been obvious to all, said the spokesperson.

Turkey cares about peace, security and stability in Arab countries, with which it maintains exceptional historical and humane ties, Turkey also gives its strong support to the common cause of the Islamic world, especially Jerusalem, Aksoy added.

“It has been well-known for a while to which circles [U.A.E. officials] are serving based on their remarks,” he said.

Al-Nahyan previously made a tweet on Dec. 16 criticizing the historical ties between the Ottoman Empire and Arab nations, accusing Fahreddin Pasha, a Medina governor and commander of the Ottoman Empire, of committing crimes against the people during the Siege of Medina in 1916.
   [hurriyetdailynews.com]
 20/3/18

1 comment :

  1. Turkish officials say they will investigate all claims of looting going on in the Syrian city of Afrin, after reports of looting by Free Syrian Army (FSA) fighters who seized the city a day earlier during “Operation of Olive Branch.”

    Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu vowed on March 20 that Turkey would “not allow looting in Afrin.”

    “We are sensitive to looting and inhumane treatment. We will not allow it in Afrin. The whole world knows that our security forces have not done any such thing anyway. But we do not expect the Free Syrian Army would do such a thing either. We also know them. If there is any complaint or demand there, we will examine it carefully,” Çavuşoğlu said in a press conference with Turkish Cypriot Foreign Minister Kudret Özersay.

    Meanwhile, Turkish Presidential spokesperson İbrahim Kalın said on March 19 that Turkey would investigate all claims of looting by FSA fighters.

    “There might be some groups here and they may be involved in that kind of action. We take that very seriously and necessary measures will be taken to address that issue,” Kalın said in an interview with Al Jazeera English.

    “We have not bombarded the city. Our soldiers and FSA fighters have been very careful in avoiding civilian casualties. They have been very careful in not attacking any of the houses or historical sites,” he added.
    [hurriyetdailynews.com]
    20/3/18

    ReplyDelete

Only News

Calculadora para la Cola de Vacunación en México

Featured Post

“The U.S. must stop supporting terrorists who are destroying Syria and her people" : US Congresswoman, Tulsi Gabbard

US Congresswoman, Tulsi Gabbard, recently visited Syria, and even met with President Bashar Al-Assad. She also visited the recently libe...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin